Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mision Cumplada

As you know, I'm the last person to trivialise the plight of the Chilean miners, but I can say that I have suffered in an underground hell myself.

I was once stuck on the underground in a carriage with a man who was on his way to the international body-odour olympics.

OK, that was an assumption on my part, but I'm telling you, my money was on him to win gold! Put it this way, he was the kind of guy who never totally left a room!

Anyway, I'm not one to complain, but we were stuck in that tunnel with old stinky for two, maybe three minutes. I never thought I'd see my loved ones, or possessions again!

And what support did we get? No counselling. No visit from Il Presidente. We certainly weren't given the opportunity of live global TV coverage followed by short-lived celebrity.

Life is cruel like that.

No comments: