Thursday, July 13, 2006

World Cup Autopsy: Zidane Speaks

OK, so Zinedine's issued a qualified apology for the head-butt, but has not disclosed what Materazzi said.

Lip readers are daggers-drawn about what passed between them, so I think I'm going to have to clear this up for once and for all:

They grapple, Materazzi is a little too rough.

ZZ: "You wait 'til I get you home"

M: "I'm not coming home"

ZZ: "What do you mean? I've bought Tiramasou!"

They begin to walk forward.


M: "No, I won't be coming home again. I've met someone else; he's an interior designer. He's going to teach me pilates."

ZZ: "You cheap slut"

Zidane begins to walk away.

M (piqued): "I never lost that sweater you bought me for Christmas. I lied: I BURNT IT, it was horrible. I HATED IT!"

Zidane stops, turns, OVER-REACTS.

The rest, as they say, is history.

No comments: