Sunday, November 09, 2008

Archie Versus The Overnight Cat


As I dropped off my partner at the airport last week, her parting words were "look after my babies!"

What she meant was "make sure the Tomcat doesn't incur any more injuries".

So what does he do? I let him out just half an hour before the prescribed time (at HIS insistence, and at the expense of MY SLEEP), and he has to go get himself into a ruck with the overnight cat, (ie: the un-neutered Tom who owns the allotments during the dark hours). The thing is, just before she left, my partner was relieved that the cat had just about managed to re-grow the hair back over his LEFT eyelid, from the previous scrap he had the last time I let him out after hours!.

I may try the old boot-polish trick on him before she comes home, but I fear that the Tomcat's feline housemate may lick it and suffer boot-polish poisoning, which would only exacerbate the situation.

"Darling, the cats are fine: the Vet says there's hope for both, we just have to wait and pray!"

No comments: