Tuesday, August 25, 2009

WHU Boot Boys Rool OK

What looks like a bizarre oversight on the part of the authorities has contributed to the enormous violence in East London tonight, where the traditional West Ham v. Millwall streetfight was allowed to get out of hand.

My favourite remark on the radio was the commentator's observation that "fans ran on from the Dr Marten's Stand". Yes, it sounds like some kind of 1970s satire where West Ham have a Dr Marten's Stand from which their hooligan element propel themselves.

I wonder if Millwall have a Stanley Knife End?

Elsewhere, the BBC has gathered reports like:

"I brought my kids with me tonight and they've seen some violence that is indescribable."

Yes, there were people who saw West Ham v. Millwall advertised and thought "Hmm, I think I'll take the kids to that!"

"Honestly, we looked at the news bulletins, and we thought sod Disneyland; we're holidaying in Kabul this year! But nobody tells you about the suicide bombers!"

But then, tomorrow, the East Enders at work will all be trotting out their usual "Nah, i's nuffink; jus' a bunch o' kids 'avin' a laff!" in their inimically stupid way.

A pox upon them!

No comments: