Thursday, March 05, 2009

I Am The Doctor

Today, at work, I was attempting to change the details on a corporate account at a nationally known bookseller.

The chap at the other end was helpful, but a little slow.

Me: "Can you arrange that for me?"

Him: "Yes, but at first, you'll need to fax me permission to do so!"

Me: "Er, can I just EMAIL the details?"

Him: "No, it has to be a fax!"

Me: "OK, maybe I'll just find a time-machine and go back ten years and see if I can find some of that technology to use!"

Him: "Can you do that?"

Me: "Er, no, actually, I was making it up.

Him: "Oh!"


It's OK, he spoke to his supervisor who agreed to let me email. No doubt they're travelling forward in time as we speak to enjoy the exciting new electric internet they've yet to embrace.

No comments: