Monday, October 25, 2010

No Fun For Go-Go Go-Getters

As listeners will know, the ShoeBox loves nothing more than lawn-mowing in a mini-skirt and clogs, whilst blaspheming at the well-fed stray cats in the garden.

Well, if I was in Italy THAT WOULD BE A CRIME

"Centre Right" Mayor Luigi Bobbio, (yes, right out of central casting) of Castellammare di Stabia (no, I never heard of it either) seeks to ban miniskirts, sunbathing, playing football in public places, and blasphemy!

The BBC goes on to point out:

"In other places they have banned sandcastles, kissing in cars, feeding stray cats, wooden clogs and the use of lawn mowers at weekends."

There is no indication as to whether Mayor Bobbio is just a lonely misantrhopic Ogre who just hates the thought of other people having fun.

Editorial: Actually, to some extent the ShoeBox is with him on the miniskirt issue.
Naturally, I like to perv at the leggy young lovelies just as much as the next man, but there seems to be no quality control, and leggy loveliness is a finite commodity.

Have you seen the state of some of them out there?

I say, put the controls in at the point of sale.

A discerning gentleman could be employed at each boutique, to discriminate (and it IS discrimination) as to who gets to wear what.

He could also provide advice like: "I say, have you thought of modelling? I have my own photographic equipment you know, and I'd be willing to waive my fee", or "you've got a lot going for you, but come back when you've lost ten pounds!", to the frank, but necessary "sorry darling, but I think you'll find Mrs Ahmed down the market sells a burkah in your size that might spare us all the grief!"

But will they allow this? Of course not, it's political correctness gone mad!

No comments: