Saturday, August 12, 2006

OK Everybody, Move Along, Nothing To See

Sorry, I sort of missed yesterday's nonsense, chiefly because I couldn't take it seriously.

All I could think about on hearing how dangerous the plot WOULD be, was Team America's "it will be like 9/11 times a hundred!"

So until the authorities say "In this house, we found these explosives, and these flight tickets" I remain sceptical, for I suspect that someone at the top of the British security forces has told those beneath him to get a victory to placate the Americans after a bad year.

Anyway, thanks to Titivil for bringing our attention to this excellent comment which basically sums it all up for all of us.

Which is more than can be said for yesterday's link to Larry Johnson, which frankly read like a typical whiny America throwing his toys out of the pram because he couldn't make the silly English people act to his will by shouting at them.
Not unlike the America woman of girth who I passed in Kings Cross station on the way to work earlier this week who was BELLOWING at the ticket counter "I DON'T CARE! I WANT ONE, AND I WANT IT NOW!" And as though passing one national stereotype was not enough, I then encountered a German in Leiderhosen. At 8:00 in the morning! I braced myself as I left the station, should I be assailed by a stripey-shirted French Onion seller.

As a boy, on the south coast of England, I have memory of the Breton onion seller who used to cycle Dorset on his bicycle, burdened with onions. He didn't have a stripey shirt, prefering a heavy sailor's jumper, but he did wear a beret. Thus, whenever my brother set off for Sea-Cadets in his own beret, family members would ask him to bring back onions and a packet of Gitanes.

Simple days.

No comments: