Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Underground On Ice

Every summer, London has to endure the carping of fair-weather commuters who ask why our tube trains aren't air-conditioned like New York's. (NYC's trains are much bigger because they don't have to squeeze through tubular tunnels 300ft below ground, therefore have room up top for aircon)

This will undoubtably get worse as global warning increases.

Anyway, some snake oil salesman has conned them into trying somecrazy scheme involving ICE BENEATH THE SEATS!

Sounds like a good way to get piles if you ask me.

Anyway, I think the answer has been obvious for some time:

Nudity.

Yes, we should all shed our inhibitions and travel as nature intended.

In fact, I've been writing to London Transport about this every summer for the last twenty years; including photographs, yet have I EVER received a reply? Yes you guessed it.

(Although I did have a visit from London Transport Police once, but they just asked my name, looked me up and down and smirked to themselves before leaving without explanation.)

I admit, it will probably mean extra cleaning bills in regard to the upholstery, but LT could issue towels at the gates.

No comments: