Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Charity? I'll Drink To That!

On discovering London in my youth, (I mean that reflexively, in that I discovered for myself; I make no claim to being the man who DISCOVERED London, as there were already 8.5 million people here before me. Not unlike the American continent when Columbus "discovered" that.) I was appauled to discovered that most of the charities that you'd ever heard of had located themselves in Belgravia, the capital's most expensive piece of real estate. Obviously, the aristocrats who had inviegled their way into running these affairs weren't going to lower their standards however the extortionate rents were undermining the concept of giving.

It comes as no surprise therefore that our posh chums in the world of Rugby have been upbraided for their cavalier attitude to charity, as their own effort to raise funds for children has been criticised, as they've been spending two thirds of the donations on entertaining themselves!

"I say chaps, we've taken 2 million quid!"

"Spiffing! Bugger the orphans; let's buy more bubbly!"

"No champers for me old boy, I'll just bugger the orphans!"

"Hoorah!"

No comments: