Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Latchkey Parents

The smoking ban has had numerous unexpected consequences, but I think one of the most poignant is the reversal of the tradition of leaving the kids outside the pub in the cold with nothing but a lemonade and a bag of crisps for company.

Today I passed Kings Cross's famous Skinners Arms at midday, and witnessed a small boy shivering upon the pavement in the intemperate weather, suffering alongside his parents who were braving the unseasonable chill in order to enjoy a cigarette alongside their drinks.

There you go: the cigarette ban is bringing families closer together again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.