Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Post-Modern Ironing

Older readers in the UK will remember those blissful days before FM radio when evenings were spent trying to listen to chart music on Radio Luxembourg, as "All The Young Dudes" would fade in and out of the wall of static that was European broadcasting. That and those Peter Stuyvesant ads. And Clearasil! Hey Kids, don't let acne get you down: have another fag!

If you do remember, you'll also recall the little fanfare identification signal from Tirana that would rise and fade morbidly in the background. A mystery to us teenagers, the signal was there to locate the Albanian National Radio Service whilst it was off the air, and to stop anyone using the wavelength in their absence.

I mention this purely because I feel that is what this post is about.

I have nothing to say tonight, but if I don't post anything people will give up looking, which would impair the moment when I DO have that shrewd insight, or inspired wit to impart, and no-one's looking.

Please keep this channel open; I'm sure SOMETHING will turn up.

And check out The Shed

No comments: