Friday, January 09, 2009

Tomatoes In Nomenclature Misadventure

On answering the phone, I was please to hear that my partner was at the shop on her way home, asking if there was anything I needed. There was, actually, thankyou very much, I needed tinned tomatoes.

Well, imagine my dismay when she tipped these out of her "bag for life".

EAST END chopped tomatoes! Who the hell would buy EAST END chopped tomatoes?

I can't imagine that anyone IN THE EAST END would buy EAST END tomatoes?

Not that I have anything against the people of the East End, apart from the racism, casual violence and inability to reach the end of the road without dropping litter everywhere. No, I'm sure it's a lovely place really if you survived long enough to get to know it, but really, who the hell thought of the title "EAST END CHOPPED TOMATOES"?

Mind you, once I'd established that the fruit was not actually FROM the East End, (Italy in fact), I proceeded to knock together a rather delicious mushroom in garlic pasta dish, which was just the thing!

EAST END tomatoes, indeed!

Pah!!

No comments: