Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Filth Continues

My employer claims that I am entitled to dignity at work. I should be free from discrimination, harm and harassment, and have the right to a healthy environment.

Then why oh why do I have to endure this campaign of smut thrown at me day in day out?

Today, I was receiving what was ostensibly instruction on the new finance system when my guide, on the other end of the phone conversed with me thus:

Him: "Can you open that link?"

Me: "Yes"

Him: "Click on the folder on the right"

Me: "Yes"

Him: "Scroll down to the bottom of the list"

Me: "Yes"

Him: " Are you into queries?"

I mean: REALLY.

What a chap does in his own time (possibly with a neoprene product, some spandex and a complete stranger from Tanganika) is his own business, but when they start forcing their dirty talk down the phone at me, well, it's going too far! TOO FAR I tell you!

I'm forty-nine for Christ's sake!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have told him to go paint the front door.

The Non Stop Shoebox said...

Technically speaking, I thought he was more a "back door man".
And remember to wipe your feet!