Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Never In The Field Of Human Conflict

As the unions on the underground celebrate the anniversary of the blitz with their own form of strike on the populace, I successfully struggled in, only to be confronted by another retro action at the coffee kiosk, where I was SHORT-CHANGED!

It's like the 1970s out there!

Not that the little shit got away with it! (And it wasn't a mistake; he looked like he should be wearing a tee-shirt with "Dodgy Git" written on it.) I demanded my money and got it.

Then on arrival at work, I discovered that he'd failed to put sugar in it. He asked "do you want sugar?" I said "yes". It is not difficult.

Mind you, it did give me the retro satisfaction of stirring my coffee with a pencil, old stylee, which was comforting. I felt like a 1940s government scientist.

No comments: