Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Would It Be An Aardvark?

Not one for crap TV, and reluctant to applaud appalling behaviour, I have to admit a sneaking admiration for the question compilers on Quizmaster, the late night ITV phone-in for people too stupid, or too desperate, to turn the TV off and go to bed.

It appears that Ofcom, the broadcasting regulator, has ruled against Quizmaster's choice of answers to the question "what would you find in a woman's handbag?".

Dupes had to phone in at premium rates to suggest what they believed to be the hidden items, hoping to win cash prizes.

However, the answers set by Quizmaster not only included the dubious "rubber bands", "dog biscuits" and " false teeth", but the inspired "balaclava" and "Rawlplugs"!

Now I would have LOVED to have sat on the panel that conjured up those, it must have been a hoot! How do you get these jobs?

Mind you, if ever met a woman with Rawlplugs in her handbag, I wouldn't hestitate to ask her around MY shed!*

(*Only kidding; I would NEVER allow a woman in my shed, what sort of man do you take me for? Mind you, I did know a woman once who carried a small hammer in her bag, but she was Glaswegian and borderline criminally insane.)

No comments: