Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chimney Sweep Is Anticlimax Shock

We've just have our first ever visit from a chimney sweep, and frankly, I'm disappointed.

He did a lovely job, I've nothing to complain about in regard to issues of quality, it was an otherwise excellent service, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

My suspicions were aroused when I called the number and heard a polite and posh, middle-class lady reply, and not the gruff matter-of fact bloke I imagined.

When the sweep arrived, he wasn't a short, aging, cap-doffing duffer at all, rather, he was a young man in his early twenties which a huge vacuum cleaner!

However, in his defence, he was incredibly dirty and he had brought his brushes. After a period of vacuuming, there was moment of quiet industry after which stepped outside for a moment, before returning and asking if I wanted to "see the brush out"!

Cautiously, I stepped outside to witness the brushed proudly exposed from the top of our chimney!

Ten minutes after that, it was all over and done with, and not a small boy in sight!

Modern times eh?

No comments: